Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murder or Insanity at Rose Bay

Default Jury retires in Stewart murder trial

August 6, 2008

A jury has retired to consider its verdict in the trial of a Sydney woman accused of murdering her husband.

Danielle Stewart, 32, has pleaded not guilty to the murder of her husband Chaim Kimel at their Rose Bay apartment in August 2006.

Stewart claims she was acting in self-defence when she stabbed Mr Kimel, 55, twice in the abdomen with an ornamental knife.

But the crown contended there was no element of self-defence in her actions and she stabbed her husband in a fight over their catering business.

After summing up the case to the NSW Supreme Court on Wednesday, Acting Justice Jane Mathew sent the jury out to deliberate.

Crime Reporting is my game Ally is my name

• Advertising

advertising
      CrimeCaseFiles.com
      has no influence
      on advertisings
      that are displayed

Default Danielle Stewart guilty of manslaughter of husband

A jury has found a Sydney woman not guilty of murdering her husband, but guilty of his manslaughter.

Danielle Stewart, 32, had pleaded not guilty to the murder of her husband Chaim Kimel at their Rose Bay apartment, in Sydney's east, in August 2006.
    daniellestewart_narrowweb__300x440,0.jpg

Stewart said she was acting in self defence when she stabbed Mr Kimel, 55, twice in the abdomen with an ornamental knife.

But the crown contended there was no element of self defence in her actions, arguing she stabbed her husband in a fight over their catering business.

By a majority verdict, the NSW Supreme Court jury today found her guilty of manslaughter.

Acting Justice Jane Mathew will hear sentencing submissions on a later date.

Crime Reporting is my game Ally is my name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information