Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vick to Plead Guilty to Dogfighting Charges

angry Vick to Plead Guilty to Dogfighting Charges

Ex-NFL quarterback Michael Vick to plead guilty to dogfighting charges, court papers say

Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick speaks to reporters
    at the Omni Richmond Hotel after agreeing to a guilty plea on charges stemming from his involvement
    in a dogfighting ring August 27, 2007, in Richmond, Virginia.
    (Jonathan Ernst/Getty Images)

SURRY, Virginia October 21, 2008 (AP) Former NFL quarterback Michael Vick plans to plead guilty to state dogfighting charges, a step that could allow him to qualify for an early release from federal prison and into a halfway house.

In court papers filed in Surry County Circuit Court, Vick's attorneys are seeking to have Vick enter his plea by video teleconference.

The papers also note that the guilty plea would save the government the considerable expense of transporting Vick to Surry, and satisfy the county's need to hold him accountable for the crimes he bankrolled and participated in at a rural house he owned there.

Under federal rules, Vick would not be eligible for programs such as release to a halfway house if he has pending charges.

"I'm not trying to make him suffer," Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter said in a telephone interview. "I'm just trying to make him account for what he's done."

Surry County Circuit Court administrator Sally Neblett said a hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 30 to permit him to enter his plea via video conference from the federal prison in Leavenworth, Kansas, where he is serving a 23-month term.

Vick will have three years of federal probation upon his release from prison, and the deal offered by Poindexter would tack on an additional year of probation in the county, he said.

First loves...First kisses...
    My first look at my newborn son...
    When I am cold and dead...
    All these memories will be gone...
    Like tears in rain...
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

• Advertising

advertising
      CrimeCaseFiles.com
      has no influence
      on advertisings
      that are displayed

Post Beware of Man: Michael Vick Bound for Halfway House

Disgraced NFL quarterback Michael Vick could be out of prison and in a Virginia halfway house as soon as next week, the Daily Press of Newport News reports. Vick, who is serving 23 months on dogfighting charges in the federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., could be sprung "any day," his lawyer said at a bankruptcy hearing in Newport News. "They're processing him out."

More...

one leaf is for hope, the second for faith,
    the third for love and the fourth for luck

Post Falcons Move to Trade Vick

The Falcons are looking to trade Michael Vick, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. His contract runs through 2013 and includes a base salary of $9 million, sweetened with a $6.43 million 2009 bonus. But with Vick in prison on dogfighting charges and rookie Matt Ryan having led the team to the playoffs in 2008, Atlanta is looking to dump the disgraced QB and open salary-cap room.

More...

Post Feds Prepare to Spring Vick

Michael Vick has been approved for release to home confinement, a government official said today. The disgraced NFL quarterback's lawyers have said they expect him to be moved any day into a halfway house in Newport News, Va. But the official says there's no bed space, so Vick could be released to his Hampton, Va., home as soon as May 21.

More...

Smile No takers for Vick's Georgia mansion

Neither the on-the-field fame nor the off-the-field notoriety of former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was enough to spark a bidding war for his suburban Atlanta mansion Tuesday.

More...

Post Vick Regrets 'Heinous' Dogfights

Michael Vick showed contrition in bankruptcy court today for the dogfighting that landed him in federal prison, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. “I committed a heinous act,” said the suspended NFL quarterback, moved from a Kansas prison to appear at the Virginia hearing. “It was very irresponsible.” Vick is fighting for approval of a bankruptcy agreement that would see him keep the first $750,000 of his annual income, with the rest going to creditors.

Crime & Courts

new Fla. AG Sues Makers of Vick Chew Toy, Caylee Doll

Florida’s attorney general filed suit today against the firm that has shown astoundingly poor taste in two merchandise items: a Michael Vick dog chew toy and Caylee Anthony doll, Reuters reports. Showbiz Promotions said profits from both would go to animal shelters and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, but allegedly donated only $10 to the missing kids group and none to shelters.

Crime & Courts

Like tears in rain...
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

new Arena Football Team Rescinds Offer to Vick

The owner of an arena football team has rescinded an offer to Michael Vick, the Albany Times Union reports. "Can you imagine him playing for $200 a week?” asked the owner of the Albany Firebirds. The Af2 team generated plenty of buzz when it announced the offer, but owner Walter Robb says it was done without his knowledge. "I certainly would not have approved it if I had known it was even being joked about," he said. "I'm a dog lover and I don't want anything to do with (Vick)."

Crime & Courts

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

new Vick Sprung From Prison

Michael Vick has left a Kansas prison and is on his way back to Virginia, where he'll be confined to his home for 2 months, one of the suspended NFL star's lawyers says. Vick left the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth overnight, ostensibly for a home he owns in Hampton. The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback, serving a 23-month sentence for financing a dogfighting ring, is expected to be released from federal custody July 20.

Crime & Courts

We want you to Blog Crime Case Files Blog
    (interested ? ask me how)
    TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    It is good to have an end to journey towards;
    but it is the journey that matters in the end
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

CCF Resident Detective miss-chievous's Avatar

LOL .. him and his brother both ruined thier careers and talent. What a bunch of ghetto fools! He was the only thing that the Falcons had going for them... it certainly wasnt the new "west coast " offense that was brought it.

its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information