Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing For Over A Month

Default Is Casey Anthony a Criminal Mom?

Two-year-old Caylee Anthony was missing for over a month before her mother notified police. Will she end up on this list of notorious criminal moms?

Casey Anthony, 22, notified police on July 16 that her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, had been missing for five weeks. Pictures have surfaced of Casey partying at bars as well as participating in a Hot Body contest -- after her daughter went missing. At this time, the Florida police are still looking to find the missing girl -- and Casey is currently in jail as a possible suspect in her daughter's disappearance with bail set at $500,000. She has allegedly told her father that Caylee will be home for her birthday, August 9.

Will Casey Anthony become another notorious criminal mother? It seems that the news has been full of moms abusing and even murdering their own children. In some cases, they even make their children accomplices in their crimes. Do you think Casey will be added to this list?

First loves...First kisses...
    My first look at my newborn son...
    When I am cold and dead...
    All these memories will be gone...
    Like tears in rain...
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

• Advertising

advertising
      CrimeCaseFiles.com
      has no influence
      on advertisings
      that are displayed

Casey Anthony is a new brand of criminal mom. She has no conscience, no fear and no obvious concern for her so-called missing child.

Her only concerns are for herself. When she was apprehended, she had freshly-painted toenails, freshly-waxed eyebrows, a trendy little hairdo and, according to reports, a new tattoo that say, disturbingly, Bella Vida, beautiful life.

It was gotten in “honor” of her daughter, friends said.

Casey is a pathological liar, a trait it appears she learned at home. The Anthony family are beginning to seem to me more like the Manson Family. I cannot believe the avalanche of lies that come out of Cindy and George’s mouths.

These people, you get the sense, have been lying their entire lives.

Casey Anthony is a petty criminal who should have been stopped long ago. Friends tell of stolen checkbooks and money. She stole her mom’s car and racked up about $45,000 in charges. I hope that this paper trail she left helps to indict her.

As the mother of one full grown child, I must say that outwardly, Casey appears so much like an average college-age American girl that it makes this case all the more riveting. Self-centered, addicted to shopping, partying and irresponsible, slutty behavior, Casey is the face of American youth.

But with a horrible, horrifying twist.

I do not think that there is a caring, intelligent mother in America who cannot intuit the terrible fate that befell Caylee. Casey’s guilt is written all over her smug face.

Casey Anthony is our worst national product. Part of our fascination with this case is our frustration that it is taking so long for the authorities to nail her.

May justice prevail for little Caylee Marie Anthony. Casey, you never deserved the gift of that precious child. The walls of the jail cell you will inhabit for the rest of your life will feel as cold to you as Caylee’s tomb. But she is in heaven, guarded by angels, while you will be in hell.

Like tears in rain...
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Leaked phone records shed new light on Casey Anthony case

ORANGE COUNTY, FL -- Records detailing some of Casey Anthony's phone calls just before her daughter was reported missing have come to light.

The phone records, leaked to FOX News and reported by Orlando station WFTV, show that Casey called her parents six times in just over an hour on June 16. The records reveal names and times.

The leaked records reportedly show a call to her father shortly after 3 p.m. and the last made to her mother's cell phone just before 4:30 p.m. Calls to her mother's work number and her ex-fiance, Jesse Grund, were also made during that time period.

The following day, June 17, Casey reportedly borrowed a shovel from neighbors.

On June 18, there was another flurry of phone calls early in the afternoon: three to her parent's home, two to her mother's cell phone, and one to her father's cell phone - all made with 45 minutes, according to the leaked reports.

On Tuesday, events surrounding the missing 3-year-old central Florida girl took another bizarre turn when Caylee's grandfather, George Anthony, said she was kidnapped. He added the kidnappers are under surveillance. But investigators say there's no evidence to support the claim.

"These people know they are being watched. They know it," George Anthony told Orlando television station WFTV. "Yeah, you would think that the people who have my granddaughter right now would be smart enough to turn this girl back in to her family. I don't want anymore of this going on," said Anthony, who is a former deputy.

But his feelings are not shared by detectives.

In another unusual twist, a psychic and her search team joined the efforts to find Caylee. She says the toddler is not alive.

Gale St. John told WFTV she had a vision of a place near a lake in Orlando, surrounded by trees and flowers. She says that's where she believes Caylee can be found.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, has been in jail since her daughter was reported missing 29 days ago. Investigators believe she holds the key to Caylee's whereabouts. But they say she has been uncooperative.

Casey's brother, Lee, was scheduled to visit his sister on Tuesday. But he canceled. Other family visits in recent days were called off by Casey. Her attorney has suggested the visits were canceled because Casey does not want recorded jailhouse conversations to be made public, fearing harm could come to Caylee.

Casey is being held on a $500,000 bond. A motion on Monday to have the bond reduced was denied.

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default George Anthony Lashes Out At Media; Casey Refuses Brother's Visit

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- There was an angry and emotional outburst Friday morning from the grandfather of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony. There was also emotion at the Orange County jail, frustration from Lee Anthony when his sister Casey refused to see him.

It's been weeks since Caylee Anthony was reported missing and the search for her is starting to take its toll on George Anthony. He lashed out at the media.

"I'm not talking to anybody. Stay off of my property! Stay away from me. Stay away right now!" he yelled at the media Friday morning as he took garbage to the curb.

George yelled at members of the media that have been documenting his every move since 2-year-old Caylee was reported missing more than three weeks ago. Clearly, the stress is wearing him down.

"You people have no idea what we are going through! You don't care about me! You don't care about her! You don't care about my granddaughter!" George shouted at the media. "You want sensationalism. Shut up! I'm talking. I am talking!"

This was on the same day the toddler's mother, Casey Anthony, rejected a visit at the jail by her brother Lee and one day after Orange County investigators released new details in the case that they say is filled with inconsistencies.

Detectives said what Casey has been telling them all along about her missing daughter simply doesn't add up. Caylee's grandmother Cindy stayed behind Friday morning to explain why George is falling apart.

"He's been angry every day, you just haven't seen it. Ok? You hear something that finally comes to a head, stuff that festers. Anger has been there since day one," she said. "Angry at the situation. Angry that Caylee is not home. Angry at a lot of things. We're helpless."

Little Caylee turns three Saturday, August 9. Cindy said the family bought a closet full of presents for her. Perhaps they are beginning to realize the child might not be there for that celebration.

CASEY REFUSES SCHEDULED VISIT WITH BROTHER LEE

When Lee Anthony showed up at the Orange County jail Friday morning for a scheduled visit, Casey didn't want to see him. Lee had plenty to say when he arrived, but not a word when he left.

Lee spoke at length with reporters before his scheduled visitation about how he still believes Casey's story despite mounting evidence against her, but when he sat down to talk to her inside the video visitation center, he was told she didn't want to.

Lee was asked if he thought his sister was being truthful.

"To the best of her ability right now, I do," he said.

Sounding at times like his sister's defense attorney, Lee Anthony dismissed a recent statement by one Zenaida Gonzalez that she's not Caylee's nanny and never heard of the missing girl.

"There are particular phone call records from that day that are extremely interesting," Lee said. "To try and pinpoint, you know, the idea that it's that person is ridiculous."

Detectives allege there was no phone call from a Zenaida Gonzalez or anyone at the time Casey said she talked to Caylee. But Lee isn't so sure.

"There's plenty of calls unaccounted for. There are some calls that didn't have a caller ID," he said.

The 25-year-old account manager maintained he's keeping an open mind about what happened to Caylee while he carries on his own investigation with the help of volunteers and friends. And, since right now the most serious charge against his sister is child neglect, he won't speculate she's done anything worse.

"Frankly, I wouldn't be here if I thought she wasn't still cooperating with me," he said.

But Friday, she didn't. When Casey was asked by a corrections officer if she wanted to meet with her brother, she declined.

"I've just been informed by the visitation supervisor that when visitation session started, Casey Anthony was not at the visitation unit over in her housing area. Correctional officer came on over the screen and told Mr. Anthony that Casey did not wish to have the visit occur and then he left," said Allen Moore, Orange County Corrections. "She did not wish to have the visit. No reason was given for this. It's the inmate's right not to conduct a visitation if they choose to."

The corrections officer asked three times if she was sure she didn't want to visit and each time Casey said no. He has rescheduled a visit with her for next Tuesday at 9:00am.

DIVERS TRAINING NEAR ANTHONY HOME

The Orange County sheriff's dive team members are searching waterways near the Anthony home. Eyewitness News has been told it's part of a routine monthly training, but there is crime scene tape up blocking the search area.

The second Eyewitness News drove up, deputies started taping areas off with crime scene tape. Across the lake, they taped off more areas. Even though deputies said it's not really a crime scene investigation, it sure looked that way.

"Just training," an official said.

Even as deputies unfurled crime scene tape around the water, they insisted the massive search just down the street from missing toddler Caylee Anthony's home is nothing but routine training, but the crime scene tape and way they're acting certainly suggests otherwise.

Dive teams entered the water while a sheriff's office boat slowly circled the area. That's when a deputy asked Eyewitness News to move the news truck.

"It's got nothing to do with a crime scene. It's got everything to do with it's against the law to park on a sidewalk, period," an official said.

Eyewitness News offered to move to the grass, but the deputy said no. His order to leave made it seem like there may be something more than training going on. Eyewitness News also asked if equipment on the boat could detect bodies underwater, but the deputies on scene weren't allowed to say.

A captain with the sheriff's public information office insisted late Friday morning that it's just scheduled training, but he admitted, given the circumstances, they'll have their eyes open just in case. He also said the tape was needed to stop media from interfering with training.

DEFENSE TEAM AGAIN TRYING TO LOWER BOND

Casey Anthony's defense team is trying again Friday to reduce her $500,000 bond. A motion was delivered Friday morning to the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach.

Judges inside the court are reviewing the motion for a rehearing on the denial of a lower bail for Casey. It was a week ago the same court did not see enough evidence to overturn her bond.

The rehearing request isn't necessarily an unusual step. Sometimes the court will deny an appeal and then new information comes up and attorneys ask them to reconsider the case.

The formal charges filed against Casey did not include murder and the state had argued that the possibility of murder was one reason Anthony should stay in jail with her $500,000 bond. There were some documents attached to the actual arguments filed by attorneys Friday morning, but it won't be known exactly what was in all the paperwork until the court is finished reviewing it.

It's not clear if the court will make a decision Friday or if they'll ask for a response from the state first.

Previous Stories:

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Casey Anthony's Parents Meet Again With Detectives At Sheriff's Office

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- George and Cindy Anthony were back at the sheriff's office meeting with investigators Monday morning, a day after their daughter refused their scheduled visitation.

Meanwhile, investigators said they received a tip of a suspicious smell in a wooded area near a gas station around three miles from the Anthony home. Investigators were briefly on the scene Monday afternoon off Lee Vista Boulevard, just west of Narcoossee. An investigator on the scene told Eyewitness News the tip was related to the search for missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, but said they found nothing of interest in the case.

Monday marked 27 days since now 3-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing. The missing girl's grandparents said Monday's meeting with investigators was scheduled last week and was an opportunity for them to ask investigators questions about the search for Caylee.

"Just to get some information from the search department to see how the search is going for our granddaughter," George Anthony told Eyewitness News as he and Cindy walked into the sheriff's office Monday morning. "It's just a question and answer period for both of us. We have some questions for them. This is going to be an ongoing thing we do with them until our granddaughter comes home."

When they are done, George Anthony told Eyewitness News he's hitting the highway with a mobile billboard in tow. He readied his car Monday to pull a trailer with his missing granddaughter's picture on it and a number to call with information. George said he'll drive the mobile billboard along SR-50, the 408 and the 417.

CASEY REFUSES VISITATION WITH PARENTS

On Sunday, Casey Anthony refused a schedule visitation with her parents. Channel 9 asked Cindy Anthony on Sunday if she thinks Casey cancelled because she did not want to defend statements from a search warrant that claim she never received or made a cell phone call to Caylee's mystery babysitter Zenaida Gonzalez. She is the woman Casey claimed last had her daughter.

"I've got the phone records so I'm not so sure, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I've not seen anything from the Sheriff's Department and they have not confirmed anything to that. I would like to see her, but what am I going to say. What am I suppose to say? That's her perogative," Cindy said Sunday.

According to sources, Casey has been watching some news coverage, which may have included when the Anthonys spoke out against her.

"She's going to have to pay for some of the stuff she's put herself and put her daughter through," George Anthony said last week.

On Friday, Casey also turned away her brother Lee.

Regardless of Casey's motive, her parents were disappointed that their daughter chose to snub family members for the second time.

"You always want to see your child, but then again, she had her reasons," Cindy said.

Cindy told Channel 9 that she believes Casey's reason may be petty.

"Maybe it's based on me canceling my appointment with her the other day," she said.

Two visitations remain scheduled for this week. Tuesday morning, Casey's brother Lee is scheduled to visit. George and Cindy Anthony will make another attempt to visit their daughter Thursday morning.

There was no explanation given as to why Casey Anthony declined the visit Sunday.

GRANDPARENTS CELEBRATE CAYLEE'S BIRTHDAY

Cindy and George Anthony did not speak much to the media Saturday, Caylee's third birthday. George only came out to thank some friends and well-wishers who had dropped off balloons, flowers and cards in front of the family home.

"I appreciate these more than you can ever imagine," he said. "This is the kind of news that should be out there, not this other stuff that's going on."

The Anthonys said they bought Caylee presents and made her favorite dinner, chili.

"We usually have a huge buffet, people stay all night, we have music," Cindy Anthony said Friday. "It gets harder and harder not to see her, not to get those little hugs and little smiles."

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, remains in the Orange County jail. She's charged with child neglect and lying to authorities regarding the disappearance of her daughter.

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Tip Involving Smell Leads Nowhere In Caylee Anthony Search

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A tip in the Caylee Anthony case involving a suspicious smell had investigators rushing to a wooded area along Narcoosee Road on Monday afternoon, but the search came up empty-handed.

Monday, Cindy Anthony was fighting claims in last week's search warrant that Casey's phone records contained no calls to a mysterious babysitter. Also Monday, the 5th District Court of Appeals turned down Casey Anthony's second attempt to convince the panel to lower her $500,000, but the records were still sealed.

TIP ABOUT SMELL LEADS NOWHERE

Eyewitness News was tipped off that someone detected the smell of decomposition in a wooded area near Lee Vista Boulevard and Narcoosee Road (see map), not too far from Caylee Anthony's grandparents' house. An investigator on the scene told Eyewitness News the tip was related to the search for missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, but determined the smell was from a dead dog.

GRANDPARENTS MEET WITH INVESTIGATORS AGAIN

Caylee's grandparents met with the sheriff's office Monday, for what they said is going to be a regular occurrence until Caylee is found, to share information.

"Just to get some information from the search department to see how the search is going for our granddaughter," George Anthony told Eyewitness News as he and Cindy walked into the sheriff's office Monday morning. "It's just a question and answer period for both of us. We have some questions for them. This is going to be an ongoing thing we do with them until our granddaughter comes home."

CINDY DISPUTES SEARCH WARRANT DETAILS

Cindy Anthony is disputing something in the investigators' search warrant affidavit about Casey Anthony's phone records.

"That's a misstatement," she told Eyewitness News.

The affidavit says Casey's cell phone records "show no numbers belonging to a Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez" and that there is "no incoming call" around noon on June 15, when Casey says she got a call from a private number and briefly talked to Caylee.

Cindy said she shared new information with investigators Monday about Casey's phone records that she says shows Casey really did get a call from Caylee on July 15 from a "private number." She's even claiming that Caylee's great grandmother heard from Caylee during the time she's been missing.

"We had a long conversation about that today. Some of the stuff that got leaked out is erroneous and they're looking at some of those things today," Cindy said.

"How did the person who had Caylee get your mother's phone number?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked.

"She was programmed into my daughter's phone," Cindy said.

Casey is isolating herself in jail, has had no calls for a week and she's canceling visits with her family. Investigators don't know if it means she's about to crack.

"If she cared to talk with us and tell us what she knew, we'd certainly sit down and listen to her," Sgt. John Allen said.

The Anthonys said Monday they've been getting threatening phone calls and emails and, even though they said they believe a possible threat and danger to the family is keeping Casey from telling what she knows about where Caylee is, they said they're just getting rid of the threats and not reporting them to investigators.

CASEY REFUSES VISITATION WITH PARENTS

On Sunday, Casey Anthony refused a schedule visitation with her parents. Channel 9 asked Cindy Anthony on Sunday if she thinks Casey cancelled because she did not want to defend statements from a search warrant that claim she never received or made a cell phone call to Caylee's mystery babysitter Zenaida Gonzalez.

"I've got the phone records so I'm not so sure, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I've not seen anything from the sheriff's department and they have not confirmed anything to that. I would like to see her, but what am I going to say. What am I suppose to say? That's her perogative," Cindy said Sunday.

According to sources, Casey has been watching some news coverage, which may have included when the Anthonys spoke out against her.

"She's going to have to pay for some of the stuff she's put herself and put her daughter through," George Anthony said last week.

On Friday, Casey also turned away her brother Lee.

Regardless of Casey's motive, her parents were disappointed that their daughter chose to snub family members for the second time.

"You always want to see your child, but then again, she had her reasons," Cindy said.

Cindy told Channel 9 that she believes Casey's reason may be petty.

"Maybe it's based on me canceling my appointment with her the other day," she said.

Two visitations remain scheduled for this week. Tuesday morning, Casey's brother Lee is scheduled to visit. George and Cindy Anthony will make another attempt to visit their daughter Thursday morning.

There was no explanation given as to why Casey Anthony declined the visit Sunday.

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default George Anthony Says Caylee's Kidnappers "Are Being Watched"

OVIEDO, Fla. -- It has been 29 days since Caylee Anthony was reported missing and Casey Anthony still isn't talking not even to her family. She had a scheduled visit with her brother Lee, Tuesday, but he cancelled.

George Anthony told Channel 9 he believes she's still alive. He said he believes someone has Caylee and they are under surveillance, but detectives don't seem to share that opinion.

George Anthony took a mobile billboard on the road in hopes of finding someone who's seen his missing granddaughter, but he believes he's in contact with people who claim they've seen her kidnappers.

"These people know they are being watched. They know it," George told Eyewitness News on Tuesday morning.

"Who are these people?" WFTV reporter Derrol Nail asked.

"I really can't get into that with you," George said.

Sheriff's investigators said there's no evidence 3-year-old Caylee Anthony was kidnapped, but the former deputy continues to suggest she was.

"Yeah, you would think that the people who have my granddaughter right now would be smart enough to turn this girl back in to her family. I don't want anymore of this going on," he said.

"You really believe that, George, with all the evidence out there to the counter?" Nail asked.

"Oh, deeply. You know something? Stuff that's out there so far, I hope I can say this as politely as I can, evidence that's out there is circumstantial. Evidence that's out there is being drawn up in someone's mind. Just because some things look like it's going in one way, it could go in a totally different way," he said.

Sheriff's investigators are still looking for clues to Caylee's whereabouts, but her mother Casey remains the only person of interest in her child's disappearance. She's not talking, though, not even to George.

"Do you think Casey had a hand in her daughter's death?" Nail asked.

"Guys, I don't want to discuss that," George said. "I don't want to believe that. I'm never going to believe that. So I don't ever want to be asked that question again. I don't want you to speculate and put me in the position where I lose my control like I did last week."

After the interview, George spent about an hour in a Target parking lot handing out Caylee t-shirts to anyone who asked. He left the target to go meet with the people helping him and wouldn't say where, but that he had stops in Sanford and Daytona.

PSYCHIC TEAM SEARCHING FOR CAYLEE

It's been 28 days since now 3-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing and a psychic has joined the efforts to find her (See Images | Raw Interview).

Gale St. John said she had a vision of a place in Orlando near a lake, surrounded by trees and wildflowers. That is where she believes Caylee Anthony can be found, but not alive.

"It's just a feeling that we have. We don't like to talk about it because it hurts us," Gale St. John said.

St. John was the star of a planned cable TV show, The Body Hunter, and now she has a team searching an area near Lake Conway with cadaver dogs. Gale said that she was not just doing it for TV, she was also asking for donations on her website.

Since the low budget show has not debuted yet, St. John said donations were the only way she could afford to travel.

"Geez, I wish I wasn't losing my house right now. So if I'm making a profit somehow, it's not doing me a lot of good," she said.

St. John has not promised anything, but said she had something to offer.

"Can we be wrong? Yes, but we're doing more than sitting around talking about someone missing," said St. John.

LEE CANCELS VISIT, ATTORNEY EXPLAINS

Casey Anthony's brother Lee was expected to visit her in jail Tuesday morning, but he decided to cancel.

Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez said people should not be surprised that Caylee Anthony's mother Casey has turned down her own family's requests to see her. He said the jailed mother does not want their recorded conversations to become public.

"If it comes out that they're close, it could bring harm to Caylee," Baez said.

It's was a familiar refrain coming from Baez and the Anthony family, but had not yet been used to explain why she would not talk to her own family members.

On Sunday, Casey told the jail she didn't want to visit with her parents and last Friday denied Lee a visit. Baez claims Casey's isolation goes against her nature.

"She wants to see her family, talk to her family, but she's willing to sacrifice that for Caylee," he said.

On the legal front, Baez was coming off a number of lost motions for Casey in court. Recently, his attempt to reduce Casey $500,000 bond was denied, but Baez said the legal battle is far from over and no one understands that better than his client.

"She's very in tune to what's going on legally. She's a bright woman," he said.

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Leaked Phone Records Reveal Details About Casey Anthony Calls

Eyewitness News learned deals of the leaked phone records, which show that on Monday, June 16 Casey Anthony called her parents six times in just over an hour. The records show exactly whom she called and what time the calls were made.

According to the leaked records, Casey made six calls to her parents on the afternoon of June 16, with the first call at 3:03pm to her father's cell phone and the last of the six made to her mom's cell phone at 4:24. During that time she also tried her mother at work and called her ex-fiancé, Jesse Grund.

The next day, June 17, neighbors told investigators that Casey borrowed a shovel from them. Then, on June 18, there was another spike in calls to her parents, six in 45 minutes during the early part of the afternoon. According to the leaked records, three calls were made to her parent's home phone, two to her mom's cell phone and one to her dad's cell phone, all between 12:33pm and 1:11pm.

DEPUTIES REMAIN TIGHTLIPPED ABOUT CASE

Orange County Sheriff's Office authorities said Wednesday they will remain tightlipped about details of the search for Caylee Anthony. At an afternoon press conference, sheriff's spokesman Mark Strobridge said his office won't discuss specifics related to Caylee Anthony's disappearance unless it will "benefit finding the child."

Authorities have received more than 1,000 tips since Anthony was reported missing in July. She turned 3 on Saturday.

"Before you even got started, jump day, you had a month expire. It makes it awful tough to retrack information," Strobridge said. "What we don't have is information on exactly where Caylee was last. The one person who has that information is Casey Anthony and she is not providing information that's accurate to us."

VOLUNTEERS USE MESSAGE BOARD TO ORGANIZE SEARCH

A small group of volunteers used WFTV.com's message board to organize a search for Caylee Anthony. The volunteers were searching in Blanchard Park on the Econ Trail again Wednesday.

The volunteers were also at the park Tuesday and searched through wooded areas and under bridges along the trail. It's the same park where jogger Nicole Ganguzza was attacked and killed in June.

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Investigators Want To Know Where To Search For Caylee Anthony

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It has been one month since Caylee Anthony was reported missing in Orange County. Investigators held a news conference on Wednesday afternoon to shed new light on recent theories from the little girl's grandparents about what happened to her.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said it's not trying to build a case against Caylee Anthony's mother Casey, it's trying to get truthful information from her about where her daughter was before she disappeared.

"Before you even get started, jump day, you had a month expire. It makes it awful tough to re-track information," said Chief Mark Strobridge of the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

Caylee's grandparents made statements about mystery kidnappers, but investigators have not identified any kidnappers.

"It is our hope and prayer that Caylee is found alive and well," Stobridge said.

The Orange County Sheriff said it's working with analysts from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and FBI agents not just here in Orlando, but around the country. They have detectives from all departments following nearly 1,500 leads.

Investigators said they have everything they need to do a large scale search except one thing, a location where they can find Caylee Anthony.

"What we don't have is information on exactly where Caylee was last. The one person who has that information is Casey Anthony and she is not providing information that's accurate to us," Stobridge said.

Investigators said they also called the news conference to say they will only release information as necessary to help find Caylee, and they wouldn't lend any credibility to some of the off-the-wall claims the family's been making.

"You would think the people who have my granddaughter would be smart enough to say, ' Listen, I'm going to turn the girl back in to her family,'" George Anthony told Eyewitness News in an interview earlier in the week.

Detectives have said in court that there is evidence that Caylee may not be alive, including the smell of death in her mother's car.

Caylee's grandparents are expected to visit her mother in jail on Thursday. It would be the first time she has seen any family members in nearly two weeks. Eyewitness News learned Thursday morning that Casey had apparently accepted the scheduled visit.

DETAILS EMERGE ABOUT CASEY ANTHONY'S CALLS

Eyewitness News learned Wednesday there's a more detailed record of some of Casey Anthony's calls made before Caylee was reported missing. The leaked phone records show that on Monday, June 16 Casey Anthony called her parents six times in just over an hour. The records show exactly whom she called and what time the calls were made.

According to the leaked records, Casey made six calls to her parents on the afternoon of June 16, with the first call at 3:03pm to her father's cell phone and the last of the six made to her mom's cell phone at 4:24. During that time she also tried her mother at work and called her ex-fiancé, Jesse Grund.

The next day, June 17, neighbors told investigators that Casey borrowed a shovel from them. Then, on June 18, there was another spike in calls to her parents, six in 45 minutes during the early part of the afternoon. According to the leaked records, three calls were made to her parent's home phone, two to her mom's cell phone and one to her dad's cell phone, all between 12:33pm and 1:11pm.

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Remote Area Where Casey Made Calls

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Woods and water are the perfect place to hide a body and the one place no one reported Casey Anthony ever visited until now. Channel 9 uncovered what could be a major break in the Caylee Anthony case.

June 17 is the day after little Caylee was last seen alive and it's the same date that Eyewitness News tracked Casey Anthony's location to an area near the Orlando International Airport. From a satellite map the dense woods and ponds around the airport. The more information investigators get, the more locations come into the picture.

Channel 9 has learned that the day after Caylee disappeared, Casey was in a somewhat remote area just a few miles from the Anthonys' home. Channel 9 has learned documents show that, for some reason, Casey Anthony came to the area less than ten minutes and less than five miles from her parents' Lee Vista home. There are acres of woods and scrub and there's lots of water. By day, there's very little traffic that comes through the area and not much lighting at night.

Eyewitness News tracked Casey Anthony's location to an area near the Orlando International Airport.
    Channel 9 has obtained maps showing how many AT&T cell phone towers there are in two key areas investigators are focused on. There are 15 cell towers within a ten mile radius of Caylee Anthony's grandparents' house, where Caylee's grandfather said he last saw her alive on the afternoon of June 16.

There are 37 AT&T cell phone towers within ten miles of the apartment where Casey said she last saw Caylee alive on June 9, sometime between 9:00am and 1:00pm when she dropped Caylee off with the babysitter on her way to work.

Casey lied about the date and the cell phone records are helping investigators find out what else Caylee's mother has lied about.

It's known that Casey had no job and that Caylee did not disappear on June 9. Caylee's grandmother had stuck with Casey's version about June 9 until detectives confronted Cindy Anthony with video she herself had taken of Caylee during a visit with her great-grandfather in Mount Dora on Father's Day, June 15.

"I couldn't remember going on father's day because I go almost every week but I don't take Caylee that often," Cindy Anthony said during Casey's bond hearing.

"Are you lying to investigators? Purposely misleading them?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Cindy on Thursday.

Cindy didn't reply verbally, but shook her head.

SHERIFF BEARY BREAKS SILENCE ON ANTHONY CASE

Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary spoke about the search for Caylee Anthony for the first time on Thursday (raw interview). He pleaded for more "credible" information from the public. He insists he's been hard at work behind the scenes

In his 16 years as Orange County sheriff, Kevin Beary has not been one to shy away from the camera, whether it's taking a zap from a taser on live TV or allowing a reality TV crew to follow him or shedding tears for deputies who put their lives in danger to fight crime.

But in the case of missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, Beary has been noticeably absent from the spotlight.

"This might be the biggest missing persons case Orange County has seen in a long time. Why haven't we heard from you on this until now?" WFTV reporter Eric Rasmussen asked Beary.

"Because I think, bottom line, I've got a very qualified staff. They've done a phenomenal job, you get briefed every day and I have done a few interviews," he said.

In the interview, Beary said he has deputies working around the clock to find Caylee and he bristled at a question about whether he's playing less of a role with his long run as sheriff coming to an end in less than five months.

"Do you think you're a lame duck here?" Rasmussen asked.

"If I'm a lame duck, you should've been out until three o'clock in the morning, when I rode last Friday night all over this community. My last day is January 5th, 2009. This is one of those cases I want to solve and, for those who think I'm a lame duck, they need to go get a real job," he said.

In the final months as sheriff, Kevin Beary said he already has resources across the state committed to come in and help with the search if investigators get a break in the case.

Like tears in rain...
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-13-2011, 09:20 PM
  2. 02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
  3. 10-04-2009, 02:04 PM
  4. 05-05-2009, 05:32 PM

Thread Information