Thread: Is The Right To Bear Arms Still A Neccesity?

new Is The Right To Bear Arms Still A Neccesity?

The problem with the 2nd amendment is that most people don't understand the reason for it. The founding fathers recognized that they were able to successfully rebel against England because the citizens of the nation were armed. In particular, the militia was primarily made up of individuals who used their own guns to fight. (As a matter of fact, the reason the British went to Concord, thus starting the Revolutionary War, was specifically to confiscate the weapons and ammo of the militia there.) The fact that the people were armed was instrumental in allowing the colonists to successfully throw off British rule. Our founders wanted to insure that we had the ability to overthrow the new government if it too ever became tyrannical.

Those that want to take away our right to keep and bear arms will often ask how much of a chance we the citizens with small arms would have against the professional military if rebellion were to become necessary. My reply is that we would stand a much better chance of fighting them if we have the small arms than if we don't. Now in writing this I am not saying that our government is tyrannical and needs to be overthrown. However, there is no guarantee that it won't become so in the future. Additionally, the threat of an armed rebellion can go a long way in keeping the government from getting out of hand.

Another reason I don't think that the Second amendment is out dated is because there are still people in our society who prey on the innocent. Guns are the great equalizer. A gun can give a woman the ability to defend herself against a potential rapist who is twice her size. What do you do when someone is breaking into your house? You call the police, but it is going to take the police 5 minutes or more to get there. In that time, a violent criminal could be in the house, have killed you, and be gone. The police are investigating after the fact, had the owner been in a position to defend themselves, the outcome might have been very different.

Cambsman in his defense of more stringent gun control laws admits that they are not stopping the criminals from getting guns. This is something that those on my side have been saying for a long time. If you outlaw guns, then only the criminals will have them. Gun control laws don't stop criminals from getting guns. They just disarm the law abiding citizens thereby depriving them of the ability to defend themselves from the criminals. Therefore I say that there are still legitimate reasons for the right to keep and bear arms.

First loves...First kisses...
    My first look at my newborn son...
    When I am cold and dead...
    All these memories will be gone...
    Like tears in rain...
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

• Advertising

advertising
      CrimeCaseFiles.com
      has no influence
      on advertisings
      that are displayed

CCF Resident Detective miss-chievous's Avatar

I agree with Lucky13... I am in the process now of getting my conceal and carry permit. I am a gun enthusiast but believe that people need to go through the proper procedures to get one. I love to go to the range for fun but I also know that its a learning tool incase I ever have to use it.
    Lets keep the focus to getting the illegal guns off the street and cracking down on sentencing for criminals and not taking the guns away from the people that have the right to own them legally.

its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

In view of the recent increase in violent crime, I believe now more than ever we need to protect ourselves and loved ones. It is the right of every law abiding American citizen to keep and bear arms in the defense of their loved ones, homes and property.

The idea of only criminals having guns while we cower in our homes is unacceptable.

First loves...First kisses...
    My first look at my newborn son...
    When I am cold and dead...
    All these memories will be gone...
    Like tears in rain...
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Thread Information