Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DADOCTOR
  • 1 Post By Nightwatcher

Thread: America's Stupidest Drug Laws, In the War on Drugs

new America's Stupidest Drug Laws, In the War on Drugs

What's more ridiculous than the war on drugs itself? The plethora of strange draconian laws that have cropped up to support it. Don't believe it? Well, Mike Riggs of the libertarian Reason Magazine has come up with a list of the five most ridiculous ones. Judge for yourself:

• In Texas, you need state permission to buy chemistry equipment. Intended to clamp down on methamphetamines, this law restricts the sale of basic lab equipment like flasks, along with chemicals so common they occur naturally in fruit.

• In California, dispensaries pay for raids on dispensaries. Last year, Vallejo voters passed a law taxing medical marijuana, without legalizing it. The taxes have been used to raid the facilities paying them.
    • In Florida, a handful of pills can land you three years in jail. Mandatory minimum sentencing laws in Florida are the nation's "most egregious." Four grams of opioid painkillersójust a couple pillsócan get you three years in jail. And because the law counts both the active ingredient and any mixture containing it, a 12-ounce soda with 1 gram of cocaine in it counts as 12 ounces of cocaine.

Click to read the full list, which includes measures from Louisiana and New York.

Crime & Courts

Last edited by DADOCTOR; 08-27-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    one leaf is for hope, the second for faith,
    the third for love and the fourth for luck

• Advertising

advertising
      CrimeCaseFiles.com
      has no influence
      on advertisings
      that are displayed

Default Re: America's Stupidest Drug Laws, In the War on Drugs

5.) In Texas, it's illegal to buy or sell chemistry equipment without the state's permission

4.) In California, taxes on dispensaries pay for raids on dispensaries

3.) In Louisianna, it's illegal for minors to buy magazines that talk about drugs

2.) In Florida, every drug user is a potential drug trafficker

1.) In New York, following a police officer's instructions can lead to criminal charges

Read about these top 5 stupid laws at reason.com

Nightwatcher likes this.
    We want you to Blog Crime Case Files Blog
    (interested ? ask me how)
    TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    It is good to have an end to journey towards;
    but it is the journey that matters in the end
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Angry Re: America's Stupidest Drug Laws, In the War on Drugs

I completely agree that some of these laws are ridiculous. It's too bad laws are not stricter for child predators, and murderers.

DADOCTOR likes this.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, it is much better to express yourself in a respectful manner. In other words, treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Default Re: America's Stupidest Drug Laws, In the War on Drugs

America is famous and great country in whole world. Here I get such nice details about stupidest drug laws. I visit this website and I get many other news about this drug laws. Due to this I increase my knowledge about different type of laws.

Thread Information