Thread: Fla. cop shoots, kills naked attacker chewing man's face

rss Fla. cop shoots, kills naked attacker chewing man's face

A Miami police officer on Saturday fatally shot a naked man who was chewing on the face of another man on a downtown causeway off-ramp, police and witnesses said.

The Miami Herald reports that gunshots were heard at about 2 p.m. on the MacArthur Causeway off-ramp, which is near the newspaper's offices. Witnesses said that a woman saw two men fighting and flagged down a police officer, who came upon a naked man mauling the other man. The newspaper quoted witnesses as saying that the officer ordered the naked man to back away, and when he ignored the demand, the officer shot him. Witnesses said that the naked man continued his attack after being shot once, and the officer shot him several more times.

Police said the other man was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital Ryder Trauma Center. The newspaper said he had suffered critical injuries.

The police department confirmed in a news release that there was an officer-related shooting, but did not include many details provided by witnesses to the newspaper.

A police spokesman couldn't be reached for comment by The Associated Press on Saturday evening.
    The police news release said the identities of the two men were not known.

A photograph posted on The Herald's website shows an officer standing watch on the ramp next to two police cruisers, with a body lying on a pedestrian walkway. Police requested the newspaper's video surveillance tapes.

The shooting and investigation tied up causeway traffic as crowds were arriving at South Beach for an annual hip-hop festival.

Javier Ortiz, a spokesman for the Fraternal Order of Police in Miami, said that based on information he's received, the officer who fired the shots "is a hero and saved a life."

Read More at Police One...

Last edited by DADOCTOR; 10-26-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    We want you to Blog Crime Case Files Blog
    (interested ? ask me how)
    TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    It is good to have an end to journey towards;
    but it is the journey that matters in the end
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

• Advertising

advertising
      CrimeCaseFiles.com
      has no influence
      on advertisings
      that are displayed

rss Witness says naked attacker killed by police was chewing man's face

MIAMI- A witness says a naked man chewing on the face of another naked man on a downtown highway ramp kept eating and growled at a police officer who tried to make him stop.

Larry Vega told WSVN-TV in Miami that he was riding his bicycle Saturday afternoon off the MacArthur Causeway into downtown Miami when he saw the savage attack on the bridge's off-ramp. The causeway connects downtown Miami with Miami Beach.

"The guy was, like, tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, `Get off!'" Vega said. "The guy just kept eating the other guy away, like, ripping his skin."

Vega flagged down a Miami police officer, who he said repeatedly ordered the attacker to get off the victim. The attacker just picked his head up and growled at the officer, Vega said.

As the attack continued, Vega said the officer shot the attacker, who continued chewing the victim's face. The officer fired again, killing the attacker.

Miami police have released few details about the attack, other than confirming that there had been a fatal officer-involved shooting.

Detective William Moreno said Sunday that neither man's identity had been determined. Messages left Monday for a police spokesman were not immediately returned.

The victim was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital. A spokeswoman said Monday that the hospital would not be releasing any information about him.

A surveillance video camera from The Miami Herald building nearby captured images of the men's naked legs lying side by side after the shooting.

Vega said the victim appeared gravely injured.
    "It was just a blob of blood," Vega said. "You couldn't really see, it was just blood all over the place."

Last edited by DADOCTOR; 10-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    Join us , as you need to be a member to view attachments,photos and other files. It is free and quick.
    Looking for a case? try an advanced search registering will give you more options
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

rss 911 calls released in Fla. face-chewing attack

MIAMI, Several people called 911 after witnessing events related to the vicious attack of a 65-year-old homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off along a busy Miami highway, according to recordings released Friday by authorities.

Callers only reported seeing two men fighting in the shadow of The Miami Herald headquarters but did not mention seeing Ronald Poppo's face being chewed.

Surveillance video shows Rudy Eugene, 31, attacking Poppo alongside the highway last Saturday afternoon. A police officer fatally shot Eugene during the attack. Police have not released a motive for the attack.
    "He's going to kill that man, I promise you," a female bus driver said, urging a 911 operator to send help. Poppo remains hospitalized.

The driver, who wasn't named by authorities, described the scene as she drove by.
    "Listen, there is a naked man on the MacArthur Causeway," she said. "He is beating another man to a pulp, like on top of the man, beating him, the man is bleeding."

Another caller said the two men were fighting, saying they nearly knocked over an elderly bicyclist.
    "These two bums were going at it with each other, taking up the whole lane," the caller said. "I think they were fighting or something."

The unidentified man gave his phone number to the 911 operator. He declined to comment when contacted Friday evening.

A second male caller didn't mention the fight, instead reporting that he saw a man taking off his clothes and throwing them into traffic.

"You can't miss him. He's naked," the man said.

Last edited by DADOCTOR; 10-28-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

new Tests Find No Bath Salts in Face Eater's System

Lab tests detected only marijuana in the system of a Florida man fatally shot while chewing another man's face, finding no trace of the components typically found in the stimulants known as bath salts. The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner said in a news release that the tests detected pot, but...

Crime & Courts

one leaf is for hope, the second for faith,
    the third for love and the fourth for luck

Default Tests Find Only Marijuana in Face-chewer's System

Lab tests detected only marijuana in the system of a Florida man shot while chewing on another man's face, the medical examiner said, ruling out other street drugs including the components typically found in the stimulants known as "bath salts."

Read more at Forensic Magazine

TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Re: Tests Find Only Marijuana in Face-chewer's System

MIAMI, Fla. - Doctors have released photographs of Ronald Poppo, more than two weeks after the homeless man had much of his face chewed off during an attack by so-called Causeway Cannibal Rudy Eugene over the Memorial Day weekend.

Doctors from Jackson Memorial Hospital told reporters Tuesday that Poppo is awake and alert and showed a photograph of Poppo walking down a hospital hallway, supported by hospital staff on either side of him. It's not known when the picture was taken.

The photo shows the upper two-thirds of Poppo's face covered in thick, bloody scabs. He's missing his nose and both eye sockets are covered, one with gauze and one with what appears to be a skin graft.

TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Default Re: Fla. cop shoots, kills naked attacker chewing man's face

Something just does not make sense about this case.

Did they know each other ? why were they both naked ?

toxicology reports show that he was not on any psychotic drugs at the time

Very interesting case but, there is some facts missing I think!

TRUST ME I'M DADOCTOR
    Follow us on Twitter
    and facebook
    Link Directory

Thread Information